|The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection|
Basic Spells for Second Years
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection is the standard textbook for Years one through four for basic level defence against the dark arts at Hogwarts. Inside is information on various dark creatures, as well as some spells and how they can be used both defensively and offensively. It is written by Quentin Trimble. This book can be purchased at Florish and Blotts in Diagon Alley or at Tomes and Scrolls in Hogsmeade.
- Green Sparks (Verdimillious) Shoots green sparks, can be used to reveal hidden dark objects that are invisible.
- Curse of The Bogies (Mucus ad Nauseam) Gives an enemy a nasty cold, and an extremely runny nose.
- Knock-back Jinx (Flipendo) The Knock-Back Jinx, used to push the target.
- Smokescreen Spell (Fumos) Produces a defensive cloud of smoke from the and tip.
- Riddikulus (Riddikulus) Forces a Boggart to take the appearance of an object the caster is focusing on something humorous.
- Revulsion Jinx (Relashio) Forces an object or person to release its hold on something.