This list is the current books and tomes found around various Mischief Managed areas, be they stores or other. While many of these books and tomes can be found at bookstores at Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade, some of these are found in other ways(don't worry, we don't ask for real money, just galleons)! So be sure to search and explore regularly, attend classes, because you never know what you might find.
In some cases, you may find that a particular spell or potion doesn't exactly match with what the HP Wikia might say. This is largely due to the fact that what may of worked in one setting, doesn't work for a role play. This is especially true for things such as spells and potions from the video games or the card games. So RPD instead made slight adjustments for the sake of balance in a role play setting, which is what Mischief Managed is first and foremost. So When in doubt, go by the MM Wikia!
While there are in fact many other spells and potions that were canonically used, those spells and potions, for one reason or another, are NOT approved for use in Role Play, or are considered above the level that the HUD allows. Any use of a spell that is NOT on the list, without RPD Admin approval is considered void. What that means is that the role play of that spell didn't happen. Role Players are not allowed to do it simply because it isn't on the list. "Not knowing" Is NOT an acceptable excuse.
I have questions! And we have answers! But first... Please check over our FAQ page and see if we already answered it. Here is a link: https://mischiefmanagedsl.net/faq/
If we didn't provide the answer you seek, well feel free to contact a member of RPD and we'll do our best!
The Catalogue of Books and Tomes is a new change that corresponds with HUD update 3.0.
A New WORK in PROGRESS!
- 1 Spell Books
- 1.1 The Standard Book of Spells Series
- 1.2 Book of Spells
- 1.3 Curses and Counter-Curses
- 1.4 Basic Hexes for the Busy and Vexed
- 1.5 Jinxes for the Jinxed
- 1.6 Pernicious Pranks and Hilarious Hexes
- 1.7 Laboratory Safety Third Edition
- 1.8 Medical Method: Pocket Guide to Healing
- 1.9 Advanced Abjurations
- 1.10 Effortless Elegant Excavations by Mikael Bayye
- 1.11 Diary of Lahja Kresk
- 1.12 Charms for the Errant Adventurer
- 1.13 Spells of the Sky
- 1.14 Domestic Dweomers
- 1.15 Simple Uncluttering
- 2 Transfiguration Books
- 2.1 A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration
- 2.2 Intermediate Transfiguration
- 2.3 A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration
- 2.4 Transformation Through the Ages
- 2.5 Theories of Transubstantial Transfiguration
- 2.6 Properties and Aspects: A Guide to Manifesting the Six Elements'''
- 2.7 Transfiguration Today Article 2965: Ephemeral Transfiguration
- 2.8 Advanced Elements: Book of Air
- 2.9 Advanced Elements: Book of Earth
- 2.10 Advanced Elements: Book of Fire
- 2.11 Advanced Elements: Book of Water
- 2.12 Fish are friends
- 2.13 Instant Uniforms
- 2.14 Tag it!
- 2.15 Spells of Gryffindor
- 2.16 Spells of Hufflepuff
- 2.17 Spells of Ravenclaw
- 2.18 Spells of Slytherin
- 3 Other Magics
- 4 Potion Books
- 5 Defence Against the Dark Arts Books
- 6 Misc Books
- 7 Notes and Scrolls
- 8 Approved Lists
The Standard Book of Spells Series
- The Standard Book of Spells, Grade One
- The Standard Book of Spells, Grade Two
- The Standard Book of Spells, Grade Three
- The Standard Book of Spells, Grade Four
- The Standard Book of Spells, Grade Five
- The Standard Book of Spells, Grade Six
- The Standard Book of Spells, Grade Seven
Transformation Through the Ages
Theories of Transubstantial Transfiguration
Magical Drafts and Potions
Book of Potions
Moste Potente Potions
Underused, Under-known, and Under the Pantry Uncommon Potions
Defence Against the Dark Arts Books
Notes and Scrolls
The following links is the previous format that we presented approved spells, potions, and plants to the RPers. While these lists are still available, it is preferred to refer to the book and tomes format above instead. We made this choice because we feel that it can bolster RP, and comes across in a much more immersive way. As mentioned, the old lists are considered outdated! Use are your own risk!