- "One of my most brilliant of inventions! They all doubt me and claim that my work is useless to the community. Well! They will think different once my army of cats has swarmed their daily lives! It will be a CAT-astrophe of which the likes they have never seen!!"
- —A Side note from DeRothingwhile in his book title, Underused, Under-known, and Under the Pantry Uncommon Potions.
Cat-O-Tonic is a potion that allows the drinker to understand cat speak, as well as seemingly communicate to cats. Though it's possible that cat's could already understand the speech of humans. It is a mild to difficult potion and can prove to be a challenge to even adult witches and wizards. Cat-O-Tonic is largely considered to be a nonsense potion and many wizards and witches consider it to not work, due to the inventor's reputation for making brews that often didn't do anything. However, this is certainly not the case with Cat-O-Tonic, as the potion does indeed work. The potion has two parts to it's brewing and must brew for 35 minutes in between parts.
- Typha Latifolia (cattails)
- Feline Saliva
- Valerian root
- Puffer-fish eyes
- Add 4 Typha latifolia (cattails) to the mortar.
- Crush into a medium-fine powder using the pestle.
- Add 2 pinches of the crushed mixture to your cauldron.
- Heat on low for 15 seconds.
- Stir 2 times, clockwise.
- Add 3 drops of feline saliva to your cauldron.
- Heat on a medium temp for 63 seconds.
- Stir 5 times, anti-clockwise.
- Leave to brew for 35 minutes.
- Add 6 tube-worms to your cauldron.
- Stir 1 time, clockwise.
- Add 2 sprigs of Valerian root to your mortar.
- Add 3 puffer-fish eyes to your mortar.
- Crush into a gooey-thick paste using the pestle.
- Add 3 spoons of gooey paste to your cauldron.
- Heat on high for 20 seconds.
- Stir 2 times, anti-clockwise.
- Wave your wand to complete the potion.
When brewed correctly, the potion will appear purple in colour and have pink smoke rising slowly from it.
OOC Dice Information
This particular potion does NOT have a required level. It is only allowed to be brewed and used during the duration of the Quest-Line. It is NOT allowed for use in normal role-play.
Behind The Scenes
- Cat-O-Tonic is a potion that was created for the Quest-Line, Close Translations of The Purrfect-Kind at Mischief Managed.